Monday, March 02, 2015

Fabric Strip Mats Tutorial By Romona King of Northbrook Designs


I use hot pads, coasters, and placemats all te time so I'm always interested in tutorials showing how to create them.  If you do, too then you'll be happy to know that Romona King of Northbrook Designs has created a wonderful FREE .pdf tutorial on creating "Fabric Strip Mats" on her Northbrook Designs blog.
© 2014 by Romona King of Northbrook Designs

If you'd like to download Romona's tutorial please click on the picture above or CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Here's what Romona had to say about her tutorial: When I was making these fabric scrap mats and getting ready to write my blog post, I thought why not write up a quick and easy tutorial for them. I‘m sure there are those of you out there who may never have done this before, and is such a great tv watching activity. The supplies are few and in fact, you can use up your scraps of fabric that are left over from all kinds of projects. I made a handful of these mats a few years ago and I’m still using them. I just toss them in the washing machine, lay them out flat to dry and back to the kitchen. Don’t worry if you see the fabric edges fray from use and washing, that doesn’t affect a thing and in fact gives them character. They are perfect for using as hot mats so you don’t damage your counter, use as mats under plant pots, coasters, placemats, great hostess gifts, the list is endless. I mainly use them on the counter top to put hot cooking pots on and when I put my tea pot on the table to avoid marking it and now, because of this tutorial I have a stack of 10 coasters. Do you know someone just starting out that needs these kinds of kitchen aids??? They last forever.

Please respect Romona's Terms of Use - Feel free to share this tutorial, but please remember to give me credit for the information contained here.

Copyright © 2014 - All Rights Reserved — Written By Romona King of Northbrook Designs. Romona is a crafter, doll maker, painter, needlework artist, and mixed media artist. You can visit her Northbrook Designs blog online at http://northbrookdesigns.blogspot.com/. You can also visit her Northbrook Designs shop at http://www.northbrookdesigns.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment