Sunday, March 07, 2010

Turn An Old Sheet Into A Ironing Board Cover Free Tutorial From Chasity Gordon of BelleSouth and Belle & Burger Blog

Have you ever wondered how to make an ironing board cover?  Well, if you have then you'll be pleased to know that Chasity Gordon of Belle and Burger blog has a wonderful tutorial on her blog showing you how to make make one. I hope you enjoy her tutorial.


Turn an Old Sheet into a Ironing Board Cover


Copyright © 2009 All Rights Reserved - Written by Chasity Gordon of Belle South and Belle and Burger blog.


Here's what Chasity said about her tutorial: ~If your like me your ironing board winds up dealing with some dirty deeds during your crafty multi tasking. I love crafty ironing tactics like Wonderunder and fusible webbing but I hate the gooey residue it leaves on my ironing board cover(I know I should be more careful, but who can be careful when your creative genius has taken over).

So needless to say...one ironing board cover will not suffice( and 2 irons is not a bad idea either, pick up your extra one at the thrift or a yard sale). It just seems silly to spend $10-15 for an ironing board cover for gooey messes when I always have old full size sheets stock piled. I have been meaning to make another cover for about a year. I even had a pattern for it but, that too seemed a little tedious when I wanted to be making clothes or anything else. I recently relocated and reorganized my studio and it just seemed wrong not to give my board a new cover( since my old cover is just a mess). During the last few weeks of trying to sew in a disheveled studio I laid one of my sheets on the board, to protect from the messes. I broke down last night and turned that sheet into a super quick and easy cover. And then I made another one to show you how.


Chasity's Bio - Chasity Gordon is the owner of Belle South and Belle and Burger blog. She makes clothing, accessories, household items, baby clothes and slings, and handmade cards, prints and books. She is a home schooled seamstress and crafty by nature, but trained as a studio print maker studying printmaking and ceramics in college and was drawn to "lowbrow" functional art. She uses pockets, patches, apron bibs and wallet fronts as sort of blank pages to draw and collage with bits of fabric and string.

Copyright © 2008-2010 All Rights Reserved - Chasity Gordon of Belle South and Belle and Burger blog. Please visit her Belle South Etsy shop at bellesouth.etsy.com and her Belle and Burger blog at http://belleandburger.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment