Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Granny Square and Granny Square Joining Free Tutorial by Carina Envoldsen-Harris of Carina's Craftblog

I just love finding amazing tutorials and Carina Envoldsen-Harris writes some of the best tutorials out there and posts them on her Carina's Craftblog blog.  Well, Carina has two tutorials on her Carina's Craftblog showing you how to make a granny square and then showing you how to join the squares to make a blanket.  If you ever wanted to learn how to make a granny square quilt like your grandmother used to then check out Carina's tutorials.



Granny square tutorial


Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Carina Envoldsen-Harris of Carina's Craftblog blog.
 

Here's what Carina had to say about her tutorial: As promised, here is the granny square tutorial! I am sorry it's taken me a little while to get it to you, but here it is at last! The best thing about the granny square is that you don't have to fiddle with trying to get the hook into stitches (only a tiny little bit, anyway), it is all crocheting into chain spaces. Which makes it very quick to do once you get the hang of it.

This is of course just one method of doing it - there are plenty others to be found on the interwebs and in books (and maybe from your actual granny?!). But it's the method that works for me. I hope the explanation makes sense. If not, please leave a comment or email me and I'll try to make fix it.




Granny square joining tutorial


Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Carina Envoldsen-Harris of Carina's Craftblog blog.

Here's what Carina had to say about her tutorial:  Just a warning before we get started with the tutorial, there's LOTS of pictures and I may go into too much detail, but that's just what I do. ;-) Anyway, if there aren't enough details or if my description is confusing, please don't hesitate to email me or leave a comment.

There are loads of methods of joining (granny) squares, my method is just one, and may not even be the best. But I like this one because once you get it -and to be honest, there isn't that much to get!- you can do it without much thinking. And I also like how the joining 'seam' looks almost seamless. Especially if you use the same colour as the final round in each square.


Please respect Carina's TERMS OF USE: Please don't use my images and/or words without permission. If you are nice enough to ask, I will probably be nice too and let you use it. Do not use my images (or words) on any site, or in any other context, that deals with politics or religion in any way. Thank you. If you want to use a single image to demonstrate how awesome I am, please go ahead, though. He he. But do link back to me, that only seems fair.  Got a question about something on the blog? Want to know a bit about me? Need help with something? Check out the fancy pants FAQ page!

Carina's Bio: Carina is a Danish girl living in Essex, England with her husband. She's an artist and crafter who loves to crochet, draw, sew, paint, and embroider.

Copyright © 2006-2010 - All Rights Reserved - Written by Carina Envoldsen-Harris of Carina's Craftblog blog. Please visit Carina's new Carina's Craftblog blog at http://carinascraftblog.wardi.dk ,  her Wardi.dk website, her Carina Wardi Etsy shop, and her Polka & Bloom Etsy shop .

No comments:

Post a Comment