Friday, March 05, 2010

Fabric Calendar Covered Board Free Tutorial From Chasity Gordon of BelleSouth and Belle & Burger Blog

If you're looking for a bright and cheery way to decorate a calendar then you'll be pleased to know that Chasity Gordon of Belle and Burger blog has a wonderful tutorial on her blog showing you how to make a fabric calendar covered board. I hope you enjoy her tutorial.


Fabric covered Calendar Board tutorial


Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved - Written by Chasity Gordon of Belle South and Belle and Burger blog.


Here's what Chasity said about her tutorial: I was searching for a perfect calendar for my new blue kitchen when I decided why not just make one. Yes I realize we are a half a month into the year and many folks probably have their calendars but can't you always use another? ( or better yet one of the variations I discuss at the bottom). I have so many swatches of treasure fabric that would make a perfect focal point for a wall calendar. What was even more appealing about this project than using treasured scraps as the focal point, was that I made the whole enchilada from things I already had in my sewing studio or around my house.

Chasity's Bio - Chasity Gordon is the owner of Belle South and Belle and Burger blog. She makes clothing, accessories, household items, baby clothes and slings, and handmade cards, prints and books. She is a home schooled seamstress and crafty by nature, but trained as a studio print maker studying printmaking and ceramics in college and was drawn to "lowbrow" functional art. She uses pockets, patches, apron bibs and wallet fronts as sort of blank pages to draw and collage with bits of fabric and string.

Copyright © 2008-2010 All Rights Reserved - Chasity Gordon of Belle South and Belle and Burger blog. Please visit her Belle South Etsy shop at bellesouth.etsy.com and her Belle and Burger blog at http://belleandburger.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment