Saturday, November 15, 2008

Embroidery Booklet Tutorial by Eydie Liebelt of She Brews

Eydie Liebelt has the most adorable free tutorial that she created for her She Brews blog/website that I think you will enjoy. It's about creating an embroidery booklet and is shown below.

Embroidery Booklet


I made this booklet for Feeling Stitchy today. I put most of the tutorial on there, but I promised the pattern for the stitchery I did would be posted here. I got the idea from a coloring book, which looked like this:


Of course, I had to change it up a little, which seems to happen no matter what I do----is it "rebellion?", I have always wondered........I always have a little stash of embroidery thread that I take out of the needle as I am working on a project, and I cannot throw them away! So, I used them up to make the variegation in the colors in this project.


I decided I really liked the outline in black for this particular project. So, I started by outlining everything.






I took the embroidery to the printer and made color copies on cardstock and trimmed them at home. It's a great way to share your hard-worked embroidery with more than one person! And the little sewn booklet is a nice piece to carry in your purse with notebook and pen! Think of how special it will feel when you use it!

I forgot to purchase a matching pen for the display! It was too late this morning! But here it is open for you to see:


I will probably be putting this in my shop later today. I have a few more in the works, too. I think they will make great gifts!!!




okay, there you go!

Copyright © 2008 - All Rights Reserved - Eydie Liebelt of She Brews. Eydie is an Independent Artist & Designer. She creates vintage papers and materials, collages, wearable art accessories, and softies.

Please visit Eydie's She Brews blog/website at http://shebrews.typepad.com/ .

Her Flickr photostream is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebrews/.

Her Etsy Store is at http://www.ohmy1.etsy.com .

1 comment: