Sunday, November 09, 2008

Easy Eyeglass Case How-To Tutorial by Cheryl Bosarge of Bayou Bags

Cheryl Bosarge has created some wonderful free how-to tutorials for her Bayou Bags blog website that I think you will enjoy. Here's one of them:


How-To: Easy Eyeglass Case


Here's what Cheryl had to say about her easy eyeglass case how-to:

In less than a year, I’ve gone from horribly nearsighted, to both horribly nearsighted and needing reading glasses with my contact lenses. As a result, I’ve got reading glasses all over the place — in my purse, on my computer table, on the coffee table, everywhere! This is not only because I don’t want to be running up and down the stairs every time I need to see up close, but also because there are so many stylish and inexpensive reading glasses available. Since they usually come without a case, I’ve been leaving them out in the open, but they’re vulnerable to things like curious cats, propeller-like dog tails that can easily sweep everything off the coffee table, and of course, my own clumsiness.

I rarely find an eyeglass case that I like, so I decided to just make my own out of fabric scraps. These cases take about 15 minutes to make. I made the two pictured here in 35 minutes, and that included cutting the fabric, trying to thread the needle without my glasses on (I know!), and taking photos of the steps.


Cheryl's Bio: Cheryl is a graphic designer with a BFA in graphic design, 15 years of quilting experience, and several textile teaching positions. She loves to explore new techniques and materials and utilizing both in new products for her website. She is also a photographer and painter, and occasionally offers art pieces for sale. Cheryl also takes custom textile or fine art orders and can be contacted at cheryl@bayoubags.com .

Copyright © 2008 - All Rights Reserved - Cheryl Bosarge of Bayou Bags. http://bayoubags.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment