Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another Free Tutorial by Melissa Ustik of Honey Girl Studio

I thought you might all like to know that Melissa Ustik of Honey Girl Studio has another wonderful FREE Tutorial on her Honey Girl Studio blog. This one is about creating decorative paper.

Decorative Paper Tutorial

I've been experimenting with pages from books to make my own decorative papers for backgrounds on my Artist Trading Cards as well as collages. I thought you might like to see the process......

The first thing to do is to get a book you are willing to sacrifice and tear out a page. Dilute a little acrylic paint and brush over the entire page. Make sure it is diluted enough that you can still see the text show through.....





Next dilute a little bit of robin egg blue acrylic paint and dip the bottom of the paint bottle in it and stamp circles randomly over the paper.......



After the blue circles have dried, I took a bronze colored ink pad and dabbed it all over the paper here and there.......



I looked through my stamp collection and found swirls and I flower that I liked and stamped with black ink over everything.....



Next, I took the tip of the brush and dipped it into crocus yellow paint and made dots all over...



The last thing I did was to take sequin waste and use to it stencil dots with brown ink.



So now I have a piece of background paper to use for a few ATCs!


Copyright © 2008 - All Rights Reserved - Melissa Ustik of Honey Girl Studio. Melissa is a mixed medium artist.

Please visit Melissa's Honey Girl Studio website at http://tootieu.googlepages.com,her Honey Girl Studio blog at http://www.honeygirlstudio.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment